Jefferson Healthcare Center is completely dedicated to protecting our residents and staff. We are following guidance issued by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Louisiana Department of Health (LDH).
UPDATE & PREVENTIVE MEASURES:
- Our employees, residents and family members are continually educated about the importance of receiving the COVID-19 immunization to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and its variants. Our facility offers vaccination clinics for all residents and staff who choose to receive the vaccination.
- Group activities can occur based on the number of COVID positive cases we have in our facility. If an outbreak occurs, all group activities will postpone and individual activities occur until the outbreak is resolved.
- Visitation regulations may change frequently in accordance to CDC and LDH guidelines. Please contact the facility directly to know what our visitation policy and procedure includes at this time.
- Our employees have been and are continuously trained on proper handwashing and infection control procedures. We are checking staff temperatures upon arrival to the facility and at the beginning of each shift and they are screened for symptoms upon entry to the facility. Any employee exhibiting symptoms is immediately sent home and encouraged to seek medical attention.
- We have contracted with a third-party vendor to clean, sanitize and disinfect the facility, including resident rooms, in addition to the environmental disinfection work provided by our staff.
- We have personal protective equipment (PPE) supply on hand, and we continue to receive additional supplies as needed.
- Jefferson Healthcare Center leadership and staff will continue to collaborate with the Physician/Medical Director to ensure that effective infection prevention measures are implemented and maintained. We remain up to date with CDC recommendations as they continue to change.
If a resident is infected with the virus, our obligation to care for that resident does not end. If an infected resident is in need of care beyond the level of care we are able to provide, we immediately transfer the resident to a provider that has the resources to provide the necessary care. In accordance with our regulatory obligations, any change in a resident’s condition related to COVID-19 is communicated to the appropriate resident representative or family member as well to state and federal agencies.
Each employee MUST have their temperature checked and perform proper hand hygiene before entering the facility for their shift. This occurs for all of our employees, every day and on all shifts. Employees are encouraged daily to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, if they have not already done so. In addition, we follow all state and local mask mandates and social distancing regulations.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
You can expect that our team, through guidance from governmental agencies and our medical directors, continue focused work on infection prevention. Ensuring both residents and employees are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our first priority.
HOW TO STAY CONNECTED:
We understand how important it is to remain connected with each other. You can stay up to date by following the facility Facebook page and by utilizing our mass communication application. This system will notify you by phone call and email of any and all updates and changes regarding COVID-19 in our facility. Please ensure the facility has your most current contact information, such as phone number and email address.
|Last Updated: August 5, 2021|
|Total positive COVID-19 resident cases “in house”||3|
|Total positive confirmed COVID-19 resident cases since the first identified case on 03/11/2020||114|
|Total positive COVID-19 employees||38|
|3 or more residents and/or staff with new onset of respiratory symptoms within 72 hrs. of each other||no|
We are doing everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We thank you for your continued support and prayers for the residents and staff.